Feature-rich, specialised, plant data recording software
The Demeter Software Home screen.
Easily access your Accessions from here
Add new Accessions or edit core details right from the home screen.
Navigate to other areas from the optional side bar.
NCCPG, trading as Plant Heritage, have granted Demeter Plant Recording a sole licence to manage, promote and distribute Demeter.
Whatever your speciality, the pre-installed RHS Plant Name Database will ensure accurate plant naming. For rarer specimens and new varieties, other names can be added using the Plant Naming Wizard. Record, manage and conserve your collection and data all in one place.
Pre-programmed with drop-down options in many cases, Demeter has a comprehensive range of data fields and already contains the RHS approved Plant Names List as a reference, helping users to use the standardised nomenclature.
You can record multiple accessions of each plant variety and as part of the core data-set for each, Demeter records:
- The source and supplier and the date of acquisition;
- Form (seed, bulb, vegetative sample, etc.)
- Location (site, bed, glass-house, etc.) and planting history
- Attributes (eg: colours, shapes, flowering times)
- Measurements (including personalised fields)
- Linked photographs and other documents
- Stock control data (where relevant)
If you want a detailed tour of Demeter, please contact us to arrange a demonstration and walk-through that you can view on your own computer.